I love the sense of accomplishment that I feel when I'm doing something industrious! My mom and I canned peaches this week that I picked up in Wenatchee on our way home from camping. Don't they look yummy?
And today I took the kids blueberry picking. We picked for about an hour and we got loads of big, fat blueberries! We went to the Bybee Nims Farm in North Bend. It was a really nice blueberry farm, and the setting at the base of Mt Si couldn't have been better!
When we got home, I made 2 batches of blueberry jam, froze a bunch of berries, ate a bunch and still have a bunch in the fridge! I might have to make a blueberry peach pie...
I often wonder about the things I do to keep myself busy, my house is a mess, I'm way behind on my laundry, and we still have to get all our camping gear put away, but instead of doing those things I now have lots of pretty home canned jars in my pantry, and that makes me happy!
2 comments:
Hey, at least you are more productive than I am! I just read all day. And so the house is a mess and I need to fold the laundry instead of leaving it in the basket until it ends up there again when it's dirty and ready to start the cycle all over again! And if I could get away with cereal for dinner, I wouldn't cook! But I get sick of that, so I do actually cook. ;)
I'm so jealous that you have easy access to all that fruit! I would love to can more, but there's no where to go to get cheap fruit. I remember that my mom used to go to berry patches where you pick it yourself and pay by the pound and it was a lot better than buying it at the grocery store and tasted better, too!
I am so jealous! Those berries and peaches look delicious. The laundry can wait!
Post a Comment