Friday, June 13, 2008

Lucy's broken arm...



Well, it's about time I posted again. I guess we've just been busy and not much has happened that I felt like blogging, but last night, something blog worthy happened, although not a good thing. We were at Trevor's last baseball game of the season and Lucy and Ella were playing on the playground with a bunch of other kids, just like they did at most all of Trevor's games. Well, at about 7:30, with one inning left to go, Lucy came crying back to where I was sitting, holding her arm, she had fallen off the monkey bars. One of the mom's on the team always has a first aid kit with ice packs, so we got one from her and iced her elbow for a while. It swelled up pretty much immediately and the ice didn't seem to help much. Lucy was in quite a bit of pain and I was hoping for the best, but I was pretty sure it was broken. We waited until the game was over and when she still wasn't able to move her arm I knew I had to take her in to be seen. So we dropped Ben, Ella and Trevor off at home and went to the urgent care center. They saw Lucy right away and took some x-rays. The Dr. couldn't tell if it was broken or not, so he said we should follow up the next day when the radiologist would be in. They braced her arm really well and she immediately felt better with her arm well supported. So we went back to the Dr today and found out that it is indeed fractured, just above her elbow. So now we have to go to get a cast on Tuesday. Poor Lucy :( She's feeling pretty well and not in too much pain, so that's good. I think once she gets her cast on she'll feel even better. So, what a start to the summer, only 2 more days left of school and on the last day of school, she'll get her cast on. We went to the store tonight and bought some sparkly gems to glue on the cast once she gets it on, she's excited about that! So, there'll be more pics to come!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Poor Lucy! I love that you are going to jazz up her cast! I would never have even thought to do something like that.

jenn gent said...

Poor Lucy! Looks like she's taking it well. How did dance pictures go with a cast?

And I haven't completely forgotten that I owe you money... just a little overwhelmed with cupcakes! :) I will get it in the mail tomorrow.