Friday, April 4, 2008

Traditions








I love traditions. I love the little things we do each year on Christmas or birthdays and other holidays that make them special. I started the tradition of sewing Easter dresses when Lucy was a year old. She is now 9 and Ella is 5! I have made them each a dress every year for 9 years now! That's 9 dresses for Lucy and 6 for Ella! I don't sew much other than my yearly Easter dresses, but I love it! I've even made a couple of ties for Trevor's Easter outfits (not this year though.) This year however, I was so close to ending this tradition, or atleast missing out on it for a year. Easter came SO early this year and we had Ella's birthday just 2 weeks before, so it really snuck up on me! I just couldn't do it though, I couldn't miss a year after doing it for the past 8 years. I bought the fabric and patterns the weekend before Easter and I got it all done by Friday! They turned out SO pretty! I'm so glad I didn't end this tradition! And now I get to enjoy the dresses on my girls through the Spring and Summer! They are so pretty! And of course Trevor is handsome in his store bought sweater vest! :)

1 comment:

Suuky said...

You always do a great job on the girls' dresses. They look angelic.