Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baptism





Trevor turned 8 last Thursday. We were able to have his baptism on Saturday in Bellingham with his Grandpa Vaughn's baptism! It was a wonderful day! Ben's dad has been attending church for the last few months and talking to the missionaries. He decided he wanted to get baptised. It was so neat for Trevor to get to share his baptism day with his Grandpa! And so neat for Ben to be able to baptise both his son and his father! Everything was perfect, thanks to everyone who helped with the program and the food! It was just a perfect day. After all the running around getting everything ready, once I sat down as the program was about to start, I could feel the spirit so strongly, it just overcame me! The importance of the choice to get baptised that Trevor and my father-in-law were making just hit me. It is a true blessing to belong to Christ's church. It is baptism that opens the doors for so many more blessing in this life and the next life. I am so thankful that they both made the choice to be baptised! It was a wonderful day!

All Wet!
Trevor's new Scriptures!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

We are so proud of Trevor and excited for Ben's dad. I'm still bummed we didn't make it...It would have been much nicer than the way we ended up spending the day!
I'm glad it was such a special experience for you whole family!

Unknown said...

What a great day for your family! Congrats Trevor.