So you might be wondering what lemon, sharks, and soccer have to do with each other...
Lucy's soccer team is named the Lemon sharkz. I have no idea who came up with the name, it has been the same for at least 3 years, and she's been on the team for 2 of them. The only explanation that I can give is that their shirts have been different shades of yellow each year, and last year, it was neon yellow! So there's where the lemon comes in anyway!
So I saw this idea for shark cupcakes a while back and really wanted an excuse to try to make them... but didn't have one. I was trying to decide what to make for Lucy's soccer party, and the thought came to me... lemon sharks! I made lemon cupcakes and topped them with these absolutely adorable sharks! The sharks are made with twinkies and are dipped in melted frosting. The idea came from the book "Hello Cupcake" that my neighbor just happened to have, thanks Whitney! Otherwise, I'm sure they would not have turned out as cute! I probably would have forgotten something!
Here are some pictures of my Lemon Sharkz creation! Each shark is unique! Some definately turned out better than others, it was hard to get the consistency just right for dipping them in the frosting, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result!
4 comments:
Those are so cute! I would never have the patience to make them, but I sure would eat them! YUM!
So cute! What a great idea.
Amazing - as usual!
Awesome cupcakes! And the perfect half-time snack, too.
Post a Comment